Less than 2 days until I get
on a very long plane ride to Romania!!! Okay, technically, it’s 3 very long
plane rides but same thing. I’ve been looking forward to this mission trip for
months now and it’s crazy to think that it’s finally here, and even crazier to
think that it’ll be over in 2 weeks. I’m excited about the opportunity that has
been presented to me, the chance to help the children in Romania and to give
whatever aid I can to the interns and the people of the Fundatia LOC. I’m not
sure what all I can do for these people, but I do know that I will take every
opportunity presented to me over there in order to help and more importantly,
in order to spread the Love and Word of God.
I’ve
got to thank all of the people who are supporting me in this trip. I can feel
all the prayers I’ve received about this trip because things continue to go
even smoother than I expected and the financial support I received for the trip
was far beyond my expectations. Thank you to all of my family and friends who
are helping me in this, and thank you to Livada and Kerra for showing me this
trip. I want you to know how much I appreciate you all and how much without you
I couldn’t of done this.
Now
back to that comment of this being done in 2 weeks. I know that this is only a
short term mission trip which means I won’t be there long and it won’t be long
before I’m back in the U.S. with all it’s luxuries and laziness. I know that I’m
just as bad as the next guy when it comes to indulging in all the great things
I have and forgetting about those who don’t have. I understand that when I get
back I can’t just allow myself to go back to not caring, to go back to a normal
or easy life whenever I know that on the other side of the world or even down
the street there is someone that could use my help (or our help). Anyways, who
wants an easy life, that just sounds boring.
Sorry
that it’s been so long since I last posted and that this is one of my shorter
posts. In the future, I’ll try my best to start posting again and when I get
back from Romania there should be plenty of pictures and exciting stories to
tell so be looking for that.
“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me
drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I
was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the
righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed
you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and
welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison
and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did
it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”
Matthew 25:35-40
No comments:
Post a Comment